Instagram

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Worst...cold...ever...UPDATE

We have had a rough few days in the Owen zone. The good news is that Owen is still drinking his formula. He must have felt really bad on Tuesday. We started giving him his bottle before he had solid food to make sure he got the liquid and calcium he needs. The bad news is his cough and fever are still making him miserable. His cough is so bad he turns red and gags himself. I want to take his cough. I will be more than happy to have the cough if he can be free of it. And this fever...he has never had a fever for more than a day. This one has come and gone since Sunday. It's always worse in the afternoon/evening. We give him Tylenol, and that works, but enough already! He isn't playing much and prefers for us to hold him. I like snuggling with him, but I wish it wasn't b/c he felt like crap. I guess we have been pretty lucky that this is the worst it's been...I am thankful for that. Hopefully we only have a few more days of this and life can get back to normal.

When I got home yesterday, Owen was playing, talking and walking. I was so happy he was (almost) back to his normal self. We had loads of fun during bath time and when he got ready for bed, there was no fever. Can I get a Hallelujah?! He still has a cough, although not nearly as bad as it's been. He is on the road to recovery. Let's hope he is well for the first bday festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment