Instagram

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Turning into a fish


We had our first pool experiences of the season last weekend.  Saturday we hit our neighborhood pool and Sunday we hung out with the entire family at Aunt Sibby's house.  We were celebrating my cousin Hunter's graduation from high school. 

Last year Owen wasn't too interested in the pool.  We went a few times, but he preferred to just play with pool toys out of the water.  And on Saturday it took some convincing to get him used to it...like...I forced him to get in the water and held him crying until he finally gave in and trusted that I wouldn't intentionally let go of him.  We stayed for about an hour, until the clouds rolled in and I had to make him leave.

Sunday he went right in and had a great time.  He likes for me throw him in the air or to jump off the side or the steps.  I see many more pool adventures in our future, and he keeps asking if we are going to the beach.  I'm surprised he even remembers that.

No comments:

Post a Comment