Instagram

Friday, April 9, 2010

Nap time project

Owen's bathroom, aka the main bathroom in the hall, has lacked artwork for quite some time.  There used to be a huge black and white picture I took in there, but since I painted the master bath, it went better in that bathroom.  I have struggled with what I wanted...and I didn't want to hang something just to have something on the wall.  Brig prefers that I use my own art (if you can call it that) but I just don't have the time to go out and take pics like I did in the past.

We bought a map of St. Lucia while on our honeymoon four years ago.  And it's sat with several other unused frames and miscellaneous pieces of mat board in a corner of our office.  I've always intended to frame it, but it's an odd size and would require a custom mat.  I could pay a framer, but that is very expensive.  Or, it used to be.  I haven't priced something like that in 10+ years. I'm getting off track...this was supposed to be a quick post.  

I do have a mat cutter and I do know how to use it.  I finally bit the bullet and framed it during nap time today.  And of course it turned out so well I can't believe I waited so long.


I knew it would be too small to fill up the entire wall, and that was part of my hesitation.  I found several shell prints (for free!) online from old books and I printed and framed them too.


The wall is complete and it feels so much nicer and warmer now.  I waited to hang these until after Owen got up since his room is on the other side.  He even helped me with his Handy Manny tools.

2 comments:

  1. holy cow! what kind of printer do you have? We just got a new one, but I don't think it prints like that! BTW, come over anytime you feel the need to decorate something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shell prints? I actually printed those at work. It's a Dell and it isn't that great. I had to play with the colors and brightness/contrast to get them looking decent.

    If you ever need anything, just let me know. I can cut custom mats and I used coupons for the mat board and frames. I framed all three for around $50 total.

    ReplyDelete