Instagram

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend wrap-up

We had a busy, yet tremendously fun Easter weekend.  Friday morning Brig took Owen to Kim's for a much needed haircut.  Afterwards, I met them at the mall to take a pic with the Easter Bunny.  Owen cooperated and the pic is actually good, but really bright.  In fact, I tried to scan it and it's even brighter so I didn't include it with these pics. 

Saturday morning my parents hosted an egg hunt in their backyard.  All of the younger cousins on my side of the family came to look for eggs.  We were the first to show up and the eggs were already hidden in plain sight.  Owen immediately started collecting.  I think he found all of them and we had to re-hide them later.


Here's Owen waiting patiently for Uncle Chauncey to finish grilling the burgers...


All the while eyeing these delicious cupcakes Aunt Sibby made...


Before we ate, the kids changed into tye-dye t's so we could dye eggs.  My mom made the shirts ahead of time.  We're glad she thought ahead, b/c if not they would all be sitting out there in nothing but diapers/pull-ups.  Well...all the kids under three.


After lunch, we cleaned up and everyone dispersed for nap time.  That night, right before bed we put out carrots for the Easter Bunny.


No surprise here, the next morning he had nibbled them down to the nubs...



The Easter Bunny did leave Owen's basket in his room, but we don't think he noticed until we pointed it out.


We headed to Aunt Sibby's house for lunch, but before that we stopped by my parents to see what the EB left there...


And then we had an impromptu photo session in their front yard.


And since I'm trying to keep it real, here's a few outtakes of Owen being silly for the camera...


After lunch, the cousins splashed on the steps of the pool, but Owen wasn't interested.  We went home for nap time, and then headed to the MIL's house for dinner.  The EB left another basket of goodies at her house.  We were all wiped out last night.  I don't think I've eaten that much food since Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment