Instagram

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009



***This post will most likely be all over the place. I apologize in advance if it doesn't flow, but I have been meaning to do this since Friday night. We also have a new camera, thanks to all our parents, so you will
hopefully get some nicer shots than normal.



Where do I even begin? Owen really enjoyed Christmas this year and everything that goes along with this season. First of all, he was really into the ornaments on our tree:

He also fell madly for "Hanta Caus" and "Wotty Noman" as he calls them. I'm sure you are familiar and know what each of them look like.

If I sang the "weindeer" song once, I sang it 1,000 times. But I also sang him every Christmas song I could think of...even the non-commercial ones straight from the methodist hymnal and my memory.

As the big day came closer, and more gifts appeared under the tree, he started understanding the concept of presents. This year we didn't have as much trouble keeping him out of gift bags and away from tissue paper. He did, however, want to sit and stand on all the wrapped boxes.

As I posted a few days ago, we spent Christmas Eve with Brig's family. Christmas morning I got Owen up while Brig prepared the video camera. Since she and I exchanged gifts the night before, (and it was 1:00 am before we went to bed) their was a pile of wrapping paper on the floor in the den. When Owen rounded the corner and saw it he was pretty excited...until he went a little further and saw what Santa left him:


He got even more from our parents and other family and friends, some of which is still in the original packaging. Owen immediately went for his Elmo Restaurant as I predicted. Now this is important...it's a restaurant, not a kitchen...remember that. I, I mean Santa, did not bring my son a kitchen.


A few other favorites so far are his mega blocks and doodle pro. He played with those blocks for over an hour last night and this morning. How's that for keeping his attention? We should have invested in those a long time ago.


My parents came over and gave him his first remote controlled train with a track. We finally got around to putting it together today. He played with it on the track for a while, then just drove the train around the house. I was surprised it actually worked off the track.


After we opened presents with my parents, we went over to their house to exchange gifts and eat lunch with the rest of my family. I don't have too many pics b/c Owen was very shy and not at all his usual self. This sums up how he was the first 30 minutes.


I did not get a pic of his dump truck and books from Dylan, and can't get one right now b/c they are in his room. My parents also got him a huge Radio Flyer rocking horse, which he loved. He can't get on and off by himself, and I didn't get a pic yet b/c I was too busy helping him and not taking pictures.

That night we went and had Christmas dinner with Brig's family. I forgot to mention that Brig's parents got Owen a portable DVD player and an adapter for the car. They also got him a turtle desk that you can color on. Sorry again, this is in his room and I failed to take a picture before he went down for the night. He loves to color and draw, and now he has a proper place to do just that. I put it together for him during nap time today. We also took down the tree during nap time and b/c the turtle was in its place, he didn't notice the tree was missing.


It was a whirlwind week and although it was wonderful, I am glad we are getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment