Instagram

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason!

We had an incredibly long and eventful day yesterday. Owen's buddy Mason turned one last week and his party was yesterday in Holly Hill. We only have one pic b/c we forgot the camera on the way out the door, and we were already running late so I didn't turn around. So then you ask, how do we have a single photo? I picked up the camera when I went home and came back (more about that in a minute). Well...I was going to take the back roads b/c I knew that way pretty well. Brig convinced me to get on the interstate at Jedburg and to get off at Ridgeville. These two exits are a mere 7 miles apart. There was an accident, so what should have taken 5 minutes took nearly an hour. We finally arrived an hour late, got out of the car and let Owen walk down the driveway to the house. He tripped, but luckily only hurt his knee. It's actually fine today...not even pink. I carried him the rest of the way. We saw Mason, wished him a happy bday and proceeded to put on Owen's sunscreen. I knelt down and my shorts ripped. Yep, that's right...it was bad. I walked (backwards) around the corner to assess the damage. Brig gave me a second opinion, and the only thing I could do was go home and change (this is when I grabbed the camera). I made it back to basically pick up Brig and Owen and grab a piece of cake on the way out the door. By the way, this pic is of two very tired one-year-olds who partied too hard. Owen fell asleep in the car almost instantly. It was nice to catch up with some of Mason's family we haven't seen in a while.

We also attended Josh and Sam's Baptism last night at St. Pauls, where we also forgot the camera. So...no pics of that. We'll try to do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment