Instagram

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

catching up

Alright...now that the holiday post is out of the way, let's see if I can wrap up the last few weeks in one post.  These are in no particular order:

  • Oliver is really holding his head up well, and almost sitting up unassisted in the Bumbo.  He smiles constantly and is really starting to "talk".
  • He does not like routine.  Despite our best efforts to get him on a sleep/feeding schedule, so far he hasn't had one day (or night) that was like the one before.  He got his first cold last week, so we have been waiting for that to pass before trying a little ferberization.  He did sleep from 9:30 - 7:30 last night so maybe that's a positive sign?
  • Owen and I had "Owen and Daddy's day of fun!" on Saturday.  That was a Friends reference btw.  Anyway, we went to Moe's for lunch, hit Palmetto Moon and World Market and went to the movies to see Chipwrecked.  It was his second time at the movie theater and he did pretty well.  He didn't care for the 37 previews before the movie started.  I wonder where he gets his lack of patience?
  • At bedtime that night he vomited, and it didn't stop until 2:30 in the morning.  We lost count around episode #7 (i think) but I can tell you we went through all sets of his sheets and almost all his pajamas.  He was fine the next day and even took a three hour nap.
  • I registered him for soccer this week and practice starts mid February.  He's excited right now, but I can't help but think he will freeze (literally and figuratively) when he hits the field.  Regardless, it will be a learning experience for all of us.
  • I finally started running again two weeks ago after being off since September.  I'm going to be blunt and say it sucks to start over, but I already feel better.  I didn't start from week 1, but with some trial and error skipped to week 4 and my body seems to be ok with that.  This is the first time I have ran outside in the cold but I am determined to keep going.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment