Instagram

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Renovation reveal

As promised, it's the big reveal!

First we have Owen's room.  If you recall, Santa brought him his big boy bed for Christmas.  Yes, Christmas...as in December 2010.  And now it's October 2011 and I just finished his room.  As I've said before, it takes some serious planning to get a room renovated while your child occupies the room.

I knew I wanted to paint his bed red and when we found his quilt (at The Target) it all fell into place.   I made a rail that matched the bed, but he jumped on it until the screws finally had enough.  I do still have it, but it needs some work before it goes back on the bed.

I made the five signs above the bed and found the square frames at one of those craft stores.  I can't ever remember which one is which so I just give up.  They were black and I painted them silver.


He clearly likes the finished product...


We've had this vinyl stuff for this wall forever too and it just went up.  It's cool b/c he can take them off and move them around at will.


Owen's "art wall" is on the far right.  Some are things he makes at school and some are things he's made here.  This is his favorite thing to show people when they visit.


Next is the nursery.  Everything in here was in Owen's old room except for the glider and stool.




We bought this glider and stool off of Craigslist.  It was a natural color and had to be sanded and refinished.   I went with white to offset the other dark pieces in the room.  Sadly, I don't have any of the "before" pics of the glider or the 80's fabric.

We opted not to paint this room when we found out it was another boy.  It's always been a favorite color and I knew I wanted orange for contrast.  The fabric search was exhausting, but we found both of these at GDC.  Of course we found them for much cheaper at fabric.com.  My Aunt Sibby (whatever the level above master seamstress is) made the curtains and re-covered the cushions for the glider.  I handled the stool.



And there you have it...they aren't perfect, but I snapped the pics while I had good light and they were both sort of clutter free.

***


No comments:

Post a Comment