Instagram

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bird's-eye View

I haven't really cared about my birthday in years, but now that we have Owen, it really doesn't matter to me at all. I didn't ask for a thing (even though Brig begged me to come up with something), but anything I would want is not in the budget. A nice digital SLR camera, weekly maid and/or lawn service and a new (even new to me would work) car are things I dream of these days. Alas, I got none of these things. I did get a new weed-eater a few months ago but that was actually a must have. We actually needed a new one last year, but I managed to make it through the season even though it was falling apart. It's amazing what duct tape can do. It finally had enough and quit me and we were forced to buy a replacement. I was excited about the new one, but that excitement has long since worn off. Enough about that...

We went to Gilligan's with my parents on Monday night and it's been so long since we've been there. I completely forgot about the murals covering every inch of the place. We were about half way through dinner when out of nowhere Owen points to a wall and says "bird" just as clear as can be. We were all thrilled, not b/c he said a word or correctly identified an animal, but b/c he has never said "bird" before. I almost forgot about this experience until Brig called me a few minutes ago. Seems Owen was riding the horsey and slid off. He pointed to Brig's glasses and said "eye". Again, we go over these things constantly, but he has never said "eye" before. We finally have proof that all these words are sinking in and he is just filing them away for use at a later date. Things like this make every day special...so no...I don't need anything else than what I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment