Instagram

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

the end of summer

We had a busy summer (as you can tell by my lack of posts), but thankfully school has started!  Parent night and meet the teacher were last week.



Last weekend we went to the mountains to squeeze out the last little bit of summer.  And it was a fitting considering we started our summer by going up there over Memorial Day.  We didn't plan it that way, but it did work out nicely.   

Oliver and I watched the passersby on Main Street in Waynesville, NC while Brig and Owen were in the Christmas store.  Going there for the day has become a new favorite thing to do these last few trips.



I ran up and down the road a few times before I keeled over and died decided to give up out of sheer exhaustion.  When I got back to the house Owen wanted to go on a hike.  And we did...


He even ran some too, and at the top we had a lesson about graveyards, headstones and the dead.  Not sure how he would react, but I don't think he really understood.  I should probably explain there is a cemetery at the top of the road for those who have never been here.  I didn't just randomly decide to have this discussion at the top of the mountain.


We meant to bring Oliver's swing and forgot, but I did improvise and made him a redneck baby swing...Brig pointed out it wasn't truly a redneck swing due to the lack of duct tape.  Maybe next time...


We came home on Monday and school started yesterday.  Unfortunately this is the only pic I got of the first day b/c we were on the verge of a bathroom emergency and were rushing inside.



Speaking of school...big news...we had a boy girl website!  This time I gave birth, but it didn't take 40 weeks.  I volunteered back in February to help with the St. Paul's website.  Little did I know it would be my baby from start to finish.  It finally launched last week and if you'd like to take a peek go to www.stpaulsclc.org.  I'm also on the board so you will see stuff on here all the time about school events.

If you'd like more pictures I post much more frequently on Instagram.  You can follow me at "myfirstnamemylastname".  That's not actually my acct, but I think you get it and understand why I won't post my full name on the blog.  I'm sure it's already here somewhere, but I won't post it again.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment