Instagram

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trying to catch up

***Warning...rambling post ahead
 
It's Tuesday, and yes I know this isn't the greatest phone pic ever.  I did end up taking more with the real camera...just forgot the memory card yet again.  
 
Patiently waiting for his "digger" to come back to him
 
I am at another crossroads with this blog.  In case you couldn't tell, I'm not very interested right now.  I do love taking pics of Owen and talking about him and sharing those pics and stories with whomever reads this.  I just feel this pressure to put several posts together each week and make them wonderful and witty and that rarely happens, if at all. 
  
I didn't intend to write a post today, but things are slow at work and my mind is already on Litchfield.  We leave for beach trip #1 in four days and I can't wait.  I'm never more relaxed than I am on a beach trip.  Owen is at Kids Kamp (vacation bible school) this week at his school and he is having a blast.  At his age, I think it's very similar to pre-school, but he doesn't care.  Yesterday they made tye-dye t-shirts and he thought that was cool.  Heck, I thought that was cool until a few years ago.  
 
As I've said before, he is at a great age and although we are excited to be having another child, I will miss the time we've had as a three-person unit.  This summer will be the last one like it and I want to remember every minute.  Brigette is over half way through with this pregnancy and if everything goes smoothly, baby numero dos will be here in four months.  She had her big ultrasound last week (see, I should have blogged about that) and everything looks great.  He is still a "he" and is growing like normal.  We do have new pics, but I think the last group is better than these.  Besides, you know I don't have the new ones handy.

Moving on...
 
I fully intended to blog about Anna Claire and Mallory's third birthday but didn't want to before their mom had a chance.  I didn't take many pictures myself, mostly b/c I was on camera duty with Lisa's camera.  You can check it out here and  
Happy Belated Birthday Anna Claire and Mallory!!!

And last but not least, I hit a major milestone a few weeks ago.  For the longest time, like years, I have wanted to be able to run the equivalent of a  5K...3 miles...without stopping.  I have made several attempts at a training program and have always stopped before reaching my goal.  Most programs are 8-9 weeks long and I usually got to 4 weeks and hit a wall.  I was determined to make it this time and I did!  If you are interested, this is the one I used.  It felt great to finally hit the mark and it only took me an extra month.  Between my health scare, a cold I couldn't kick and the heat, I needed extra time.  I hated it at the time but now I'm glad I kept going no matter what got in the way.

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the couch to 5K. I wish I'd know you were doing that. I tried, too, in Jan., but then I got that three-month-long sinus infection and had to quit in the middle of week 3. Maybe I'll pick back up in the fall...too hot now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out for almost a month after week five, and I picked up right where I left off. I couldn't believe I didn't have to start over. I think what made the difference for me was a) not doing it on the treadmill...I hit the street and b) not listening to my ipod...it was too distracting while watching my watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and John should do a 5K race sometime! He loves doing those but never has anyone to do them with!

    ReplyDelete