Instagram

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Meet the teacher(s)

Owen met his new teachers on Friday.  We had been telling him all week we would  be doing this and he kept saying, "I don't want to meet my teachers".  On the way there he was really quiet and I explained that we wouldn't be leaving him, but would just see his new teachers and some friends from last year.  He wouldn't leave our sides for a few minutes but finally jumped in and started to play.


 
I also wanted him to use the potty there so he would feel comfortable.  It is a pint-sized version of a regular toilet, and he called it "just my size".  After he was successful he climbed right up and washed his hands like a pro. 


Before we left, we went by his old classroom to see his teachers from last year.  I thought that might help him feel more secure.  By the time we were heading to the car he said he would like to come back and play.  I think this year will be much easier than last...for him and me.  Thank goodness since school starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment