Instagram

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Owen turns two


This is slightly delayed, but let me explain. It's hard to find the time to post at home. Believe it or not, I have more free time while at work. Brig had to work Tuesday (O's actual bday), so I took the day off. When I came back yesterday I was swamped, so that's why I'm just getting around to posting this.

I took Owen to school that morning and ran some errands while he was there. Brig made Elmo and Cookie Monster cupcakes for his class and also for us to have later that night. His teachers reported that all the kids wanted Elmo and nobody wanted Cookie. They sang Happy Birthday before they ate them and during music.


Once we came home from school, we all had lunch together and Owen went down for his nap. While he was asleep I installed new under cabinet lights in the kitchen. Several of them had blown in recent months and we couldn't take it any more. So much for my day off!

When he woke up, Grammie and Papa came over for pizza, cupcakes and ice cream. Among his presents were a blower with goggles (safety first!), a new flashlight, pajamas and movies.


Since his party is on Saturday and it's a construction theme, we went with Sesame Street for his low-key party at home.

This is the invite, designed by me. This version is not as crisp or clear as the printed one, but you get the idea. Fingers (and everything else) crossed that the weather is decent that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment